For a number of years I have been exhibiting work and selling fine art, framed photographs, designs and cards, as well as undertaking both large and small scale commissioned work.
- Exhibited a piece of work at the “Always Making Things” exhibition, St Peter’s Church, Shipley.
- Exhibited a piece of work at the “Wilderness” Lent exhibition, Wesley Hall Methodist Church, Sheffield.
- Rebranding for local property maintenance business, Leeds.
- Large fine art pieces (x4), displayed in newly opened delicatessen/café in Leeds.
- Textile hanging commission for Meanwood Valley Baptist Church.
- Worked with a group of Year 10 pupils at Archbishop Sentamu Academy in Hull, to produce two textile hangings for York Minster.
- Commission of a pair of fine art pieces for the newly refurbished foyer of Moortown Baptist Church, Leeds.
- Posters and publicity material for a freelance physiotherapist.
- Exhibitor at the New Wine Women’s conference at the National Exhibition Centre, Harrogate.
- Logo design for a newly launched fire engineering company, Leeds.
- Exhibited a piece of work at the “Advent” Exhibition at Left Bank, Leeds.
- Logo design for a consultancy working in the area of child protection.
- Photography for the new Meanwood Valley Baptist Church website.
- Logo design for a charity that campaigns for clean water in developing countries.
- Poster and invitation design for the Christmas event, “Carols in the Park”, which took place successfully for the first time in 2008 in Meanwood Park, Leeds.
2007 to present
- An increasing number of PowerPoint presentations created, set to meditative music, and shown in various worship services and events.
- Design of publicity material for a national Christian conference for women, held in Leeds and hosting international guest speakers.
- Corporate identity work with a management consultancy company, Leeds.
- Logo design for a new group meeting at Dewsbury Minster.
- Series of contemplative handmade books produced (plus other symbolic items), for use during an interactive worship service at Meanwood Valley Baptist Church.
- Designed and produced four textile hangings for a city-wide youth event hosted by Moortown Baptist Church, held three times a year.
- One of my designs came runner-up in a national graphic design competition.
- Designed and produced a site-specific textile hanging for a domestic interior.
- Logo design for a new event at St James’s Church, to be reproduced on leaflets, invitations, letterheads and posters etc.
- Designed and produced three textile hangings (1m wide x 2.5m high), for Meanwood Valley Baptist Church. The hangings were required for a specific position in the main meeting hall, to provide visual intervention and improve the atmosphere of the room.
- Designed and produced a range of wedding stationery – invitations, menus, place cards and “thank you” cards.
- Leaflet designed for a conference at St Winifred’s Church, Leeds. Simple print process used to enable congregation to reproduce the design as required.